4 Aralık 2012 Salı

Barbie is Everywhere!!!

      A couple of days ago, one of my dear friends sent me an e-mail, which contained images of jewelery that were made by Barbie parts. It intrigued me so I researced further. I found many interesting things; although I think some of them are quite creepy I still appreciate the imagination and craftmanship of the artist. I will share the ones that I most liked but if you want to look at the rest here is the website: http://www.margauxlange.com/
      The artist's -Margaux Lange- comment on her barbie jewelery is very senseful:
"I enjoy the funny juxtaposition of wearing the body, on the body. Barbie has become the accessory instead of being accessorized. I take pleasure in the contrast and contradiction of something mass-produced being transformed and revealed as a unique, handmade, wearable piece of art." 
        Barbie is definitely more than it seems. I'm not in the stage to deeply analyze and judge but I believe it's something that is hard to work with, since it has such strong impression on society.

 
 
 
 
 
The one above is a bracelet by the way. It looks kinda ambigious, but
in my opinion it's a brilliant idea =)
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is the back of the breast necklace. I think the word play is
really good.






Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder